Friday, March 18, 2016

A New Direction

Normally my writings have been about E, life et al.  Recently, I have pondered expanding the range of my writing.  Political, historical perspective, scientific, and even fiction are areas that I think I'd to explore.

I have more than a few topics that I want to write.  I initially worried that this shift in the subject matter writing will not fit the title of this blog and, more importantly, not fit me.

I named this blog, A View from the Periphery, because of the seemingly periphery that a life of an individual and family impacted by autism leads.   Living in the periphery is nothing new to families impacted by autism; staying in the back of rooms for an easy escape, trip to the bathroom, etc...  Trying to subtly blend into the world, being just enough in the world to experience it, but not so much as to affect it.

In thinking through how the title fits with the new direction, I think the title still works.

Periphery means the outer limits or edge of an area or object.  

A view from the periphery is a great metaphor for how I think, write, act and experience the world.  

Thanks for indulging my new writing direction.

Thanks for reading; more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment